The role of managers: Managers play a very vital role in organizations. As leaders and senior managers, they are responsible for many tasks including planning, decision-making, effective communication and leading teams. This article examines the role of managers in organizational success and highlights its importance. Also, to read more articles about business organization, you can refer to the articles page.
What is the Role of Managers?
Managers are very diverse and dynamic and may vary according to the type of organization, work environment, task status, and organizational level. But in general, the role of managers generally includes the following:
Planning and Formulation of Strategy:
Managers play a very important role in planning and determining the organization’s strategies. They lead the organization towards success by analyzing the business environment, setting goals and formulating operational plans.
Solving Problems and Making Decisions:
Managers are responsible for making decisions in challenging situations with an analytical and strategic approach to issues. By examining options, analyzing risks and potentials, they make decisions that affect the success of the organization.
Leadership and Leading:
As leaders, managers have the ability to motivate and inspire teams. They create a positive organizational culture by promoting participation and cooperation, creativity and innovation in the organization.
Managers are responsible for managing human, financial, technical and material resources in the organization. They contribute to the effective performance of the organization by optimally using resources and their proper allocation.
Managers must have effective communication with devices and people to achieve organizational success. They must convey information correctly and listen to the needs and concerns of the organization’s members.
Development and Coaching:
Managers play an important role in developing and coaching employees. They should encourage employees to improve their skills and knowledge by providing training and professional development opportunities. Also, they help employees perform at their best and achieve greater organizational success by evaluating performance and providing constructive feedback.
Creating an Organizational Culture:
Managers play an important role in creating organizational culture. By determining the values, principles and ethics of the organization, they provide a superior environment for employees. A strong organizational culture strengthens the organization’s identity and solidarity and encourages employees to interact effectively and strive for success.
Monitoring and Control:
Managers must monitor and control the operational processes and performance of the organization. They have to ensure that the set goals are followed properly and the activities are carried out efficiently. By creating appropriate monitoring systems, managers can help the organization to progress and continuously improve.
Motivation and Encouragement:
Managers must have the ability to motivate and encourage employees. They can provide a dynamic and excellent environment for personal growth and development of employees by providing rewards, incentives and recognition for superior performance. Also, they encourage employees to do their best by providing opportunities for professional development and growth.
Creating Effective Teams:
Managers must have the ability to build and manage effective teams. They should enhance the ability of cooperation and interaction between team members and facilitate the improvement of interpersonal relationships. By properly structuring teams and distributing tasks properly, managers can lead employees to work hard and interact effectively for the success of the organization.
Promotion of Innovation and Creativity:
Managers should provide an environment that strengthens the motivation for innovation and creativity in the organization. They should give employees permission and freedom to come up with new ideas and come up with new approaches to solving problems. By encouraging and supporting innovation and creativity, managers can contribute to continuous improvement and revision in the organization.
The Role of Managers in Management Principles according to Henry Mintzberg’s Theory
The role of managers in management principles based on Mintzberg’s theory includes ten management roles that are usually played in organizations. These roles are as follows:
1. Figurehead Role: In this role, managers act as a symbol of the organization and are responsible for official and symbolic duties.
2. Leader Role: Managers in this role try to guide and influence employees based on their leadership skills.
3. Liaison Role: Managers in this role are responsible for communication and communicate with other people inside and outside the organization.
4. Monitor Role: Managers in this role monitor the activities and performance of the organization and its sub-categories and collect the required information.
5. Critic’s Role (Discriminator): Managers in this role disseminate information to other areas of the organization and facilitate communication between organizational units.
6. Spokesperson Role: In this role, managers act as the spokesperson of the organization and convey the policies, decisions and activities of the organization to others.
7. Entrepreneur’s Role: In this role, managers have a role to identify new opportunities, develop strategies and make changes in the organization.
8. The Role of Managers in Conflicts (Disturbance Handler): In this role, managers intervene and solve conflicts, crises and problems in the organization.
9. The Role of Resource Allocator: managers in this role are responsible for allocating different resources, including budget, labor and equipment, to different departments and projects of the organization.
10. Negotiator Role: Managers in this role participate in internal and external negotiations of the organization to manage resources, conflicts and agreements.
These ten managerial roles are performed simultaneously and in different situations by managers. These roles are collectively and in the form of a set of management instructions effective in the performance of managers in organizations.
Up to Sum
The role of managers in organizational success is very prominent. With proper planning, intelligent decision making, effective leadership, optimal resource management and effective communication, they help the organization to achieve its goals and face the changes and market competition successfully. Therefore, paying attention to the development of managers’ skills and capabilities and promoting their role in organizations is very vital.
Managers must develop abilities such as leadership, communication, decision-making, analysis and time management skills to effectively perform these roles. Also, awareness of the organization’s internal and external environment, the ability to manage changes, flexibility, and the ability to solve problems are among the important features for managers. Stay with the specialists of Uprodemy website to get business advice and international trade.