Strategic planning is one of the tools that can help you make effective decisions and prevent crises. In the business world, every manager or official is constantly faced with many changes. Business managers must make effective decisions in different situations and on different issues. Crisis management is good, but by making the right decisions and keeping up with the changes, you can prevent the crisis.
Principles of Strategic Planning
1. Know the advantages of strategic planning.
2. Know the outputs of strategic planning.
3. Instead of spending your precious time reacting to events after sudden changes, it is better to think about anticipating and preparing yourself to react to changes.
4. Save yourself from the vicious cycle and replace strategic planning with crisis management.
5. In the process of this type of planning, you can predict the future and influence the current trends on the effective forces and, as a result, create the changes you want.
6. With strategic planning, you can plan for the next 3 to 5 years from strong signs that predict the business environment.
The Future is Controllable
Demographic statistics, economic indicators, government policies, technological advances, these are some of the indicators used in strategic planning. The indicators that we have mentioned can determine the changes in the lifestyle and economic and political situation. Now trends are created that are reliable and we can see its effect in management and planning. These trends show us hidden threats and opportunities just as they have made our work easier. Now, by examining the possibilities, you can provide a good strategy to make the most of the opportunities and reduce the possible losses. The environment around you has its own changes and you use your resources more effectively to have more success and less loss and manage your business successfully. You can manage the future!
Reasons for Using Strategic Planning
1. We use the information and statistics that exist to predict the future and plan. Now instead of being in a passive state, you are in a dynamic state.
2. You have more and better information about the environment, the needs and existing facilities, and the issues that exist.
3. Strategic planning helps to better clarify and define the goals and mission of the organization as a whole.
4. The way to be followed, staying on the path, the organization’s leadership style and also the human resource management method are confirmed in this planning.
5. Each person is placed in the right place. There are indicators to find out how much each person should be responsible. Any programs and resources that will be used are defined.
Strategic Planning Outputs
Strategy has one main goal, and that is to prepare a plan that can be implemented. In order to prepare an executable program, the following items must be created, evaluated and refined by passing through the filters.
1. Business trends and issues.
2. Needs must be assessed.
3. Describe the mission of the organization or business.
4. General objectives should be explained.
5. Define strategies.
Up To Sum
In your strategic planning, instead of facing the crisis and wasting energy, you can prevent the crisis. Your cost and energy will be saved in strategy and you will be more successful with peace of mind and more profit by spending less money.